Let's be perfectly honest. There's been a lot to be embarrassed about this year.
* RPI was 35 seconds away from being shutout in three consecutive games against Minnesota and Denver. (This seems a lot less embarrassing after Union came within about 17:30 of being shutout in four straight, but still.)
* The Engineers got swept at home by Bentley by a combined score of 9-2.
* Swept by Brown by a combined score of 10-5.
* Shut out six different times.
* Three separate losing streaks of five or more on the season.
* 12 straight games of scoring fewer than three goals.
* Two different winless streaks of eight or longer, including the current one.
* 0-23-0 in games giving up 3 or more goals.
* Losing by five in a rivalry game in which they led at the second intermission.
And even after all of this, there's still hope. There's still a chance. Home ice is a possibility.
But everything that's happened in the last month has to be wiped clean. This has to be the start of a new season right here and now.
Two wins this weekend and a little bit of luck, and everything you see above can start to be wiped away.
It's home ice advantage week. Take control of your own destiny, Red.